Author Topic: my compensation claim  (Read 231 times)

experimental

• Personal Text
    I'm new here! :)
my compensation claim
« on: December 17, 2016, 11:44:46 AM »
this is a rant
im stuck with an utterly crazy incompetent neurologist and a lawyer who could not give a crap less. trigger warning for anger and just doctor incompetence??

i dont even have the energy to tell the full story
went to the appointment for my OWN CASE (not the defendant's) ...this is for the car crash in May... Neurologist interrupts literally every single sentence i begin to say to ask unrelated questions. Misquotes me directly after what I'd JUST SAID. I can't even describe it in text. It's literally like, I answer his question and he interrupts with "and? that's your doctor? from [wrong location]?" and i'd be like no?? what?? and he'd ask me another question that's completely different and unrelated. I'd try to bring it back to his mistake and he'd be like "OK".

Continuously every single sentence was bizarre as fk. I tried to summarise my injuries and how i have been these 7 months but he won't even let me finish a single sentence. The whole thing was bewildering and confusing.

He kept asking me repeatedly about old-t when he has NOTHING TO DO with this car accident at all whatsoever and i have not seen him in years. he has files missing. he shows me this letter dated september 2016 that appears to be a letter from 2013 when old-t wrote it but must have sent in to my lawyer or GP/doc in september when requested. Despite me telling him i do not see him anymore and it has nothing to do with the car accident, he repeatedly assumes that i'm still seeing him about the car accident. this is all in 1 appointment within 30 minutes.

it's utterly freaking nuts.

Anyway i look him up afterwards and find that he was on trial for MANSLAUGHTER and the coroner recommended criminal charges but he was not charged. it was over a negligent doctor's note so maybe not the worst crime ever but at least he may have bad judgment yes?? dug up some more stuff in legal archives that showed he really really really should have known better about his patient that died due to his doctor's note but whatever fine i reserve my judgment.

i write to my lawyer summarising this (which takes massive effort and is really hard to do, my brain cant focus and i find it triggery and all of it was hard ) and asking her to call me back. HEAR NOTHING FROM HER. chase up her office twice and ask her in email again only for her to reply 1.5 weeks later that she hasn't read my email because she's been busy.

today she writes back IN EMAIL that my reaction is a normal experience for people going through medico-legal processes and that she trusts that his report will be good and will present me well. and sorry i had a bad experience. WTF. i'm sorry but literally misquoting everything i said, confusing all my doctors, and just bombarding me with unrelated crap is not normal. Nor did it capture my actual injuries. What on earth.

If she'd CALLED me i wanted to TELL HER what he is like. i can't capture it in text and didn't want to just slam him in writing. i did say what i've said here in this post though, except the manslaughter trial. i don't want to come across paranoid being full aware that most of my medical history is psychiatric thanks to snooty-T's effing meddling. i have a range of severe-sounding diagnoses now instead of just PTSD described as complex/developmental. diagnoses that are overlapping and not clearly understandable to the uninitiated reader. i don't want to talk too much about my case here on a public forum but it's just baffling how he disregarded all of my ACTUAL treatments for hte accident injuries, refused to listen to anything i tried to say and just interrupted me with random unrelated crap.

none of the nuances of my brain injury is captured either.

The lawyer also said she does not have my files from the previous firm, URGH. it had a lot of key info in it!! and i had confirmed that it was transferred and received. i can't recreate the info in there!!

im soo mad. i haven't replied yet.
i doubt she's gonna talk to me on the phone so i have to email her.

im so fed up. seriously what the heck. it is not normal to act like a total lunatic (sorry i cant find another word for this) then push you out the door without any converesation about anything.

I have met with the defendant's assigned neurologist too and he seemed to be on my side and really good. so here's to hoping. no use if nothing of mine is even captured and claimed though.

experimental

• Personal Text
    I'm new here! :)
Re: my compensation claim
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 11:46:15 AM »
also ive tried to explain to hte lawyer before about my condition AND about keeping notes and what she wants me to send to her and just the whole office seems rushed and disorganised with the lawyer constantly too busy to talk to me. we've not had a discussion about my case except for the very first meeting (or second if you count the brief intro meeting). URGHGHGHGH.

missatoo

• Personal Text
    Happy to be back!
Re: my compensation claim
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 01:02:26 PM »
that's awful exp. you have every right to be frustrated and keep advocating for yourself. its weird that the defendents neurologist was better than your own. perhaps if he was sympathetic it may influence them to settle faster. 

sorry it was a bad experience. most legal cases are.
Truths needing to be heard but maybe not fact.