Author Topic: My Life as A Zucchini !  (Read 222 times)

lionne

My Life as A Zucchini !
« on: December 16, 2016, 02:41:50 AM »
It's a French stop motion film for kids released last month and put forward for the Oscars.  It's about a child who survives abandonment by his parents and the friendships that he makes.

So far I only saw the trailer.  The story is based on a much harsher book written for excluded teens, but it has been softened to be appropriate for littles.

I don't know whether it's available outside Europe yet, but there is a subtitled in English version on youtube.  It made me smile and I thought it might delight someone here over Xmas.  I particularly like the facial expressions of the characters, and the childrens' voices: their bravery touches my heart.

Lili-Lionne
"Every week he chose to open his eyes, to live another day in the world.  He did it when he was feeling so awful that the pain seemed to transport him to another state in which everything seemed to fade. He had such hope, and faith that his hope might be rewarded."  Hanya Yanagihara: A Little Life

cindy

Re: My Life as A Zucchini !
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 04:43:10 PM »
I just watched a clip of this on you tube. I really want to see this movie. Tomorrow I am going to try and find it.
One minute at a time