Author Topic: I just discovered...!  (Read 336 times)

experimental

• Personal Text
    I'm new here! :)
I just discovered...!
« on: November 20, 2016, 11:37:32 PM »
that teriyaki sauce is just soy sauce + a heap of honey & sugar!!! :D :D

who knew!!

i'm gonna try to make it

ahhh the possibilitiesssssss

experimental

• Personal Text
Re: I just discovered...!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 10:25:00 PM »
I must be in some kind of Asian cooking phase cos my housemate and I just made kimchi. And i discovered that gari (japanese pink ginger) is really easy to make too.

And i'd said i wanted to hide away on a holiday by myself this holiday season but i feel like hosting a thing now. Aahhh but every year parts want more time and this is my chance. IDK. I did volunteer for stuff but it's not right on the public holiday days. hm.

missatoo

• Personal Text
    Happy to be back!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 03:57:44 AM »
hi,
I love teriyaki sauce. if you don't want to make it, Lawry's is my favorite. I put it on lots of stuff, stir fry especially.

cooking is creative and very therapeutic, at least for me. i find it so calming when I have the time to create. good for you for trying new things.

maybe host a thing, and then spend time nurturing yourself too. its not all or nothing!
Truths needing to be heard but maybe not fact.

experimental

• Personal Text
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 10:53:06 PM »
Me too! I love cooking, the routine of it and the variety of it too.

Aw we don't have Lawry's here. But I think I'll enjoy making it from basic ingredients. I'm going to use it with some chicken tomorrow.

Just gave away a jar of kimchi too. I love sharing it.

Not so sure about hosting though haha.... I did that last year in the weeks before Christmas but couldn't really settle into unstructured time afterwards. It didn't feel like enough time with the work week looming ahead and everything. I do want to make a ham though. Maybe i'll aim for mid-December. The good thing with being in a transient city is everyone moves interstate so you can pull off doing these things in early-mid December lol. That leaves enough time for people to refresh their taste buds before the family get-togethers. And as for me i avoid the supermarket rush.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 10:55:04 PM by experimental »